Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Life in the post-NETELLER World

With the US-Government-catalyzed demise of NETELLER last week, my online poker days might be nearing their end. I've often discussed ending my online poker playing, but that's has always been because of bad play and/or a bad attitude on my part. The current situation is quite different, though. I'm actually quite excited to play poker these days.

The downfall of NETELLER put me a somewhat awkward spot regarding my online bankroll. I had originally planned to keep most of my bankroll on Poker Stars, but then I put a bunch of it back in NETELLER so that I could bonus-whore. I then deposited $50 at Poker.com and $200 at a Prima site, leaving another $200 or so in my NETELLER account.

When NETELLER announced that they were banning US players from transactions with gaming sites, I immediately cashed out my $200. I've heard rumors that NETELLER's cash outs have been very slow (i.e., more than a few weeks), but I think I got my money almost immediately. I haven't verified this with my bank account yet -- I've been too busy.

The other issues were getting my money out of the Prima site and out of Poker.com. The Prima site was a bigger issue because I had more money there and I had to clear a rather tedious bonus before they'd let me cash out (in fact, I had tried to cash out before NETELLER crashed, but it was denied). Luckily, I cleared the bonus, actually building my stack there by more than $300 before I donked away $200 during my last session (don't play $100 NL on a short bankroll!). I've since requested a cash out via check -- hopefully it'll arrive soon.

For now, I have money in three different sites (UltimateBet: ~$25, Poker.com: ~$35 and Poker Stars: ~$60) and I am confident that at least UltimateBet and Poker Stars will send me a check if I want my money out. The bigger issue, for me, is that I don't know how I can get money into the sites if I want to do that. Hopefully, a new online wallet will emerge since Click2Pay isn't signing up new US customers and the others are rather expensive.

The good news is that I am excited about playing poker again, so I am reasonably confident that I can rebuild my bankrolls at the three sites. I'm actually bankrolled nicely for $0.05/$0.10 limit poker at all three, which I've been regularly beating lately (I hope I have the talent for that). Strangely, I'm finding these microstakes games fun and I'm really focused. Hopefully, there will be enough players around to join me in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home