Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Going well... and then a brutal session

For whatever reason, no limit hold'em is like a drug to me. I am drawn to it and I cannot stay away, no matter how well I play limit hold'em. The good news is that I have been playing very well and I have been building my bankroll.

Things have been going especially well, in fact. But sadly, today, I had the inevitable session when I ran incredibly bad. How bad?

Hand#1. I raise from the cutoff with AA. The button calls with 33, even though he only had about double my bet. He flops a set, of course.

Hand#2. This was undoubtedly the worst one of the bunch. I am dealt KQo in the big blind. UTG makes a mini-raise and three people call (including me). The flop is J T 9 (rainbow). Figuring that my hand is well-disguised, I bet out and it is immediately raised and then re-raised all-in before it comes back to me. I shove and get called by the UTG too. They hold JT and Q8, respectively, but I manage to split this huge pot when a king comes on the river.

Hand#3. This one put me on tilt because I played it so bad. I raise from the button with AKs and the small blind calls. The flop comes K 7 7 and we both check. The turn is an ace and we both check. The river is a queen and he checks. I finally decide to bet and he mini-raises me and I call. He flips over QQ.

Hand#4. This was about my last hand of the session. I am dealt QQ on the button and I raise it up and the big blind calls. The flop is all rags, so I make a pot-sized bet; he calls. The turn pairs the board and I make another big bet and he calls. The river is a ten and he check-raises me all-in. I'm pretty much pot-committed here, so I gladly call and he flips over TT.

Well, enough bitchin'. I'm playing pretty well, so I just need to keep grinding away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home