Saturday, September 22, 2007

A new experiment: Playing drunk

A quick update on my bankroll... it's been bouncing up and down from $215 to $170... last night was especially brutal as everyone seemed to be catching two pair on the turn or their inside straight draw on the river. I lost $40 or so playing $0.50/$1.00 limit hold'em and another $10 playing $0.05/$0.10 no limit hold'em. The night ended nicely, however, when I won a $5 + $0.50 SNG (9-person), so my bankroll was just under $200.

I played a little this morning, winning about $5 and then I had a short session this afternoon when I won $15. So, my bankroll is at a recent high of $220.

After playing that short session, we took our daughter to the emergency room because she was having trouble breathing. A quick dose of steroids, plus waiting three hours to make sure that she's OK and we're back home. I opened a bottle of wine and well... now I'm drunk.

I rarely drink and I can't ever remember playing poker when drunk... well, my version of drunk which is hardly three-sheet-to-the-wind... but anyhow, this should be fun. i am playing $25 NL (blinds = $0.10 and $0.25).

Big Hand#1: I raise with KQs and get three callers. The flop is Q J X. I make a pot sized bet and I get check-raised all-in by a small stack. It's only another $1 or so to call. He flips over QJ and I lose.

Big Hand#2: There is a raise and a call in front of me. My stack is only like $7 at this point and I push all-in with KK and no one calls.

Big Hand#3: I raise from UTG with QJ and I get one caller. The flop is Q Q X. I make a small bet and he folds. This is a big hand because I won very little.

By the way, I should mention my libation of choice tonight. It's a Savignon Blanc from Nobile winery in New Zealand. At $10 a bottle, I highly recommend it. The reason for this particular wine? A friend of mine has a brother who recently published a book on the wines from New Zealand... and I wanted to try one. This was the only one at the local liquor store.

Big Hand#4: I just raised from UTG with AKo. No one calls. I might have to start being an ass and raise every hand. My stack is now $10.70.

Big Hand#5. There's a limper when I raise from the button with KJo. The flop is J 3 2 and I bet out 3/4 of the pot and he folds. Stack = $12.45

Big Hand#6. I play a hand like a donkey from the big blind. I keep calling mini-bets, winning a $3.50 pot with a pair of sixes. Stack = $14.80

Big Hand#7. I somehow manage to go all-in with 66 vs. TT. Yes, I'm definitely drunk. I really have to learn to fold. Stack = $4.80

I just added $7 to my stack. If I bust, then I'm done for the night.

Big Hand#8: This is the hand immediately after I reloaded. The cutoff mini-raised and I re-raised from the button with Ac Kc and he calls. The flop is As Qc Jc, giving me TPTK plus a straight draw and a flush draw (indeed, a Royal Flush draw). I win a big pot when I catch the nut flush on the river. Stack = $19.45 (he had AKo)

Big Hand#9. There is a mini-raise and a re-raise (cutoff), so I call from the small blind with Ah Kh. The flop is K x x and we get it all-in on the turn and I take it down with TPTK. Stack = $38.45. (he had KQ)

I'm really rather drunk now and I am tired too. My plan is to play at least 100 hands for the session and then to quit (I've played ~85 hands so far).

Big Hands#10 and #11. I raise from with button with QTs; the flop is queen-high and I take it down with my continuation bet. The next hand, there is one limper and I raise in position with 99. The flop is T 8 5 and I fire on both the flop and the turn. He calls through the river and I win when he flips over 67o.

Big Hand#12. I raise from UTG+1 after UTG limps. I mistype my bet on the flop and he calls (I'm drunk, you see). I fire a 1/2-pot bet on the turn and he folds. Stack size: $44.70. I won $22.70 in exactly 100 hands. Not bad.

Time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home