Sunday, September 30, 2007

A frustrating session

I played a rather lengthy session of $50 NL hold'em last night (maybe 250 hands) in which I won not quite $6. In some ways, it was a great session because I stayed patient, waited for big hands, and generally lost the minimum. In another way, it really sucked because I played so well and I have so little to show for it.

I just reviewed some of the statistics for the session in PokerTracker. I lost only two pots of more than $10, each of which I played reasonably well. The first was a small blind vs. big blind confrontation. I was the big blind and had QTo. I flopped a top pair (tens) and then two pair on the turn. I then folded the river when a nine flopped, giving a very dangerous board. The other hand was a hand that I played aggressively with ATo on a flop of Ad Xd Yd. My opponent called a big bet on the flop with Kx Qd and then caught the flush on the turn (calling my bet). He then checked the river.

I could mention some of the big pots that I won, but I won precisely zero pots worth more than $8. It was an entire session of small ball. I might have actually won a single big pot, but an asshole who wasn't in the hand starting typing about how I held AK and that my opponent should fold. I did hold AK and he eventually folded. That really sucked (but I didn't tilt, somehow).

I simply need to keep grinding away. This might be the best poker that I've ever played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home