Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Poker and Fishing Report

I'll start with the fishing report. I went out fishing both Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Saturday evening was on the Mississippi River, just downstream of the I-35W bridge collapse. It was a little weird seeing all of the twisted metal and other carnage down there, but otherwise the river seemed very normal. My usual spots down there didn't produce many fish, but we caught quite a few just across from St. Anthony Falls Research Laboratory.

Sunday morning was on the St. Croix River near Stillwater. The fishing has been great here, but we didn't catch much. The fishing was actually very difficult because of the leaves and other crap that was in the water. We were in the canoe, so we had a lot of paddling to do and my brother was a weak and lay paddler. So, it was a lot of work for me without catching a lot of fish.

To summarize, it was one of those weekends where the "catching" was bad but the fishing was good. Sadly, it might be my last time fishing the open water this year.

The good news is that the poker has been going exceptionally well. I had been bouncing around quite a bit with my bankroll, mostly because that's how no limit poker works. I totally went on tilt, though, and corrected that problem by moving to $1/$2 limit hold'em (6-max). As I've said before, this is probably my best game and lately I've been playing like it. My bankroll high simply sky-rocketed lately, reaching just over $550.

My most recent session was awesome. I won $52 in only 75 hands (~ 35 BB/100 hands). My current plan is to keep grinding at $1/$2 stakes and to cash out a bit. I've put in $100 of "real money" (i.e., not profit), so I'd like to cash that out and go back to playing simply on profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home