Monday, January 18, 2010

Peltier, Peltier with toddlers, and Bald Eagle

We had lab ice fishing day on Wednesday. Our choice was "close to my house" or "catch lots of small fish". We chose "close to my house" (i.e. Peltier) but it turned into "catch lots of small fish". We started in 12-ft of water and we saw many fish, but they had no interest in our offerings. Zero. They were just swimming along. We tried shallower (8 ft?) and got into some small perch. I brought home 18 of them; they actually made a fine meal on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, I tried taking the kids out fishing in the afternoon to Peltier, trying to catch small perch. We arrived a little later in the day than I would have liked, as I wanted to show them the fish on my camera. Nonetheless, we caught about 5 fish and had a good time.

Last night, I fished Bald Eagle Lake for the first time. We were parked in about 26 feet of water and there was about 8 feet of the water column full of crappies all night. They were aggressive and biting; I caught maybe 30 of them, but they were all smallish (Coon Lake size). I could have easily brought home a limit of fish, but I didn't feel like filleting them. I did record the location on my car-GPS, so perhaps I will go back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home