Saturday, December 19, 2009

Big Marine/Peltier

I left the house this morning with the intention of going to Big Marine to catch some crappies and hopefully a few northern pike (I was fishing with Ken Hansen, who loves pike). I initially forgot my auger and then I forgot my flasher and camera, so I got a much later start than I wanted.

Sadly, though, it really didn't matter. Neither of us got a bite until after 8am, and even then... it was a VERY small perch (as seen on my camera). So, we left Big Marine and went over the Peltier.

This was my first time on Peltier and I was surprised by how crowded it was. The bite was pretty slow (we arrived after 9am, though). I caught a 6-inch bluegill relatively quickly and Ken caught a smallish perch (big enough for me to keep). We then struggled to get fish to bite (they were attracted to our baits... they just didn't bite) for the next 90 minutes or so.

Then, the fishing picked up ever so slightly and I started getting fish to bite. I caught a nicer perch (8 inches) and few more bluegills. I eventually caught an 8.5-inch crappie and a bluegill of about the same size (my biggest bluegill in a long time).

In the end, I brought home 6 bluegills, 1 crappie, and 3 perch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home