Sunday, February 08, 2009

Changing Plans

I discovered a major flaw with my plan of playing an entire month at $0.50/$1.00 full-ring hold'em: it's not possible to maintain this strategy and yet sit down for a quick 5 or 10 minute session. I like to play these short sessions when I have a few free minutes here or there. So, I need the ability to play 6-max tables on occasion.

I also discovered a few minor flaws. First, playing at $0.50/$1.00 stakes means that I clear relatively small numbers of VPPs. These are somewhat important to me because I can now buy $50 bonuses and the like. This essentially becomes a rakeback program, so it's better to play a little bit higher stakes, especially if I have the bankroll to do it. I think that playing with 200 big bets is a sufficient bank roll for me, especially since I am not afraid to drop stakes when I go on a losing streak.

So, my new plan is to play $1/$2 limit hold'em full ring when I have time for a longer session. I can play as many as 4 tables at a time. I discovered that I have trouble playing more than that. This will be my primary game. When I am playing just a short session, I will play something 6-max, preferably limit hold'em.

So far, this new method has been very very good to me. I came up with the revised plan when I donked away $20 playing 6-max PLO. I was playing PLO because I wanted to play a short session but I didn't want to play hold'em. I then played some 6-max hold'em in my subsequent sessions, after I figured out that I needed to revise my plan.

I am playing right now and I am getting killed. Prior to this session, I had my bankroll up to $450. I'll start reporting session stats again.

195 hands, $-50.25, $406.05 (I'm so tilted right now... but I quit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home