Saturday, January 02, 2010

Coon Lake: Double Limit

I don't know when, but I recently came up with the idea that it would be fun to keep a limit of crappies and bluegill at the same time. Well, I did that today at Coon Lake.

I arrived very early, perhaps 7 am (sunrise = 7:41am). It was VERY cold; the car said that it was -20F. I drilled myself a hole and got to work. I caught a crappie near the bottom, but then I started catching them suspended very high, perhaps 4 feet under the ice. By sunrise, I had perhaps 8 crappies on the ice... and then I caught two more.... just in time for the bluegills to move in. I finished up by 9:15am, although none of the bluegills were very big (and some were pretty small). I was home and filleting fish by 10am; I was finished by about 11:20am, so I am now filleting fish at a rate slightly faster than 3 minutes per fish.

The bad news is that I cannot seem to get the battery for my underwater camera to charge. I'm not happy about that, especially considering that I've only used it three time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home